Mount on Windows Using SMB
OIT Research Storage can be accessed from recent versions of Windows including Windows 8.x, Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2016.
The storage cannot be accessed from older versions of Windows including Windows 7 because they don’t support the SMBv3 protocol.
Map a Drive from Windows
- Open File Explorer (formerly named Windows Explorer)
- Click on the Computer menu item at the top
- Click Map network drive
- Select a drive letter you would like to use
- Enter the following path in the Folder box:
- Leave the Connect using different credentials checkbox unchecked if your computer is joined to the Wolftech Active Directory domain and you already log in to the computer using your Unity ID and password
- Select the Connect using different credentials checkbox if you do not log in to the computer using your Unity ID and password
- Click Finish
Enter Your Wolftech Credentials
If you are presented with a Windows Security / Enter network credentials dialog box, enter the following for the username:
If the username is already populated for you but does not match the string shown above:
- Click the More choices link
- Click Use a different account
- Enter the username shown above, replacing <Unity ID> with your actual Unity ID
- Click the OK button to map the drive
File Explorer should open to the newly mapped drive.